I don't feel anything from yesterday yet, so should feel something tomorow. DOMS: Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness - which means you feel pain 24 to 48 hours (ish) after your workout - The theory is that your muscles tear a little when you work them hard, and when they start to repair you feel sore. I am usually a 48 hour person. When you are new to working out, it's been my experience that it is the lesser time.
The 48 hour lag is the reason that it's hard to fit the lower body workouts into a runnng training schedule - No legs YIKES!
I have a hard class tonight so it's better to do my legs first, and I plan on running tomorrow at around 20 hours after my workout.
Same idea as yesterday:
QUADS (thighs)
Leg extension:
Set/Reps/Weight
1 x 12 x 70
1 x 10 x 90
1 x 8 x 110
HAMSTRING (back upper legs)
Hamstring Curl:
1 x 12 x 25
1 x 10 x 35
1 x 8 x 45 (my hamstrings need work!)
ADDUCTORS(outer leg)
Side leg raises:
2 x 20 x 5 pound ankle weights
ABDUCTORS(inner thigh)
Squeeze ball (or pillows):
Hold for three count x 20
CALVES
Toe raises:
2 x 20 x 15
LOWER BACK
Prone raises on ball:
2 X 20
Enough for now - I will do my abs tonight in my class.
No comments:
Post a Comment