Monday, March 2, 2009

The weight program begins.

The snow today has cancelled two of my classes so there is no excuse to not begin today! If I were starting totally from zero I would need to go very light at first and work my weight up. I already work my body two or three times a week with light weight so I'm OK to throw myself in. Of course, if this is all new see a Doctor first and make sure you can work out.

A lot of the time I am training for some kind of running event and it gets difficult to fit heavy weight training in. However, right now the only race I may need to train for is the Mount Washington Road Race, since it's a lottery event, I'm not sure if I'm doing it yet. I will start running some hills this week, with my fingers crossed.

I am starting today by dividing my body into upper and lower parts. Today I will do my upper body with one exercise and mixed amount of sets on each body part. I will do this twice this week and divide my body further next week, adding another exercise and eventually building up to about 8 sets on each body part. I also will ignore my classes, but cannot ignore the running, this week it doesn't matter but soon enough, it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment